Friday 27 April 2012

Top 5 Friday - Food


Top 5 Friday

I’m going to begin my weekly Top 5 lists with food likes and dislikes.  Some would say I am a fussy eater still but I’m a million times better than I used to be.

So, here we go then

Top 5 Favourite Foods

1. Potato – I could just live off the wonderful spud coz there are so many ways to cook it aren’t there.
2. Beef – and especially when its slow roasted with a nicely done crust or a juicy steak – Yum!
3. Pasta – again something that’s so versatile I enjoy it in all its forms
4. Rice – plain is good but flavoured, fried or with vegetables even yummier
5. Chocolate – Yes I know I was being very healthy up to now but its my biggest downfall. Milk or plain but not white.

Do you agree with mine, if not what are your favourites?

Top 5 Least Favourite Foods

1. Fish – its not good I know, that I hate things that are good for you. I just can’t be doing with all the bones, skin and the general smell of fish - *shudder* This includes shellfish too by the way.
2. Lamb – don’t like the flavour, texture or the greasiness it leaves behind in your mouth plus I’m a sucker for little baby lambs.
3. Rice Pudding – I like plain sweet boiled rice but not when its cooked In milk and as for the skin on top, that’s the devil’s handiwork.
4. Yoghurt – Why would anyone eat milk that has gone off just because someone has added some fruit and flavouring to it. (although I did crave fruits of the forest yoghurt when I was pregnant, how weird is that!)
5. Offal – I was given this a lot as a child presumably because it was cheap and I was none the wiser as to what it was then.  I have never cooked or served this up to my family though.

Anybody share my dislikes?  What foods can you absolutely not abide?

More Top 5 Friday next week

No comments:

Post a Comment